DESCRIPTION OF FNX 45 TACTICAL
The FNX 45 is the product of many years of ingenuity in product development and cutting-edge engineering techniques. Modelled after the FNP(tm)-45 service pistol introduced in 2007 under the U.S. Joint Combat Pistol Program, the FNX 45 is a double-action/single-action hammer-driven pistol with highly enhanced ergonomics.
The safety levers for manual decocking, safety and slide stop levers, and magazine release levers are fully ambidextrous, allowing for use with either hand or from any position of firing. Both the barrel and slide are made of stainless steel. This FNX 45 checked polymer frame features various backstraps that are interchangeable and have eyelets for lanyards. A MIL-STD-1913 mount rail on the underside is able to accept lasers and tactical lights.
- Fixed 3-dot sights (standard)
- Fixed 3-dot green tritium night sights available
- Flat Dark Earth or black frame color available
- Stainless steel construction
- External extractor with loaded chamber indicator
- Front and rear cocking serrations
- Matte black finish
Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
- Two interchangeable backstraps with lanyard eyelets
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Serrated trigger guard
Fully-ambidextrous decocking/safety lever, slide stop lever, and magazine release
- Polished nickel coated steel body
- Low-friction follower
- Polymer base pad
- Two 15-round magazines with extended base pad or Two 10-round magazines
- Owner’s manual
- Locking device
- Lockable fitted hard case
- CALIBER: .45 ACP
- OPERATION: Double-action/Single-action
- MAGAZINE: 10 or 15 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 33.2 oz.
- BARREL LENGTH: 4.5″
- OVERALL LENGTH: 7.9″
- TWIST RATE: 1:16″ RH
- HEIGHT: 6.3″
- WIDTH: 1.58″
- TRIGGER PULL: 8.8 – 12.1 lb. or 3.96 – 5.06 lb.
- SIGHT RADIUS: 6.4″
All variations of the pistols (save some law enforcement models that are decock only) include ambidextrous safety/decocking levers, magazine releases, and slide stop release levers. All variations also include a Picatinny rail, tritium night sights, and a loaded chamber indicator on the right side.
New models are sold in a plastic hard case with three magazines, and two interchangeable backstraps. As of 2012, new models include 4 interchangeable backstraps rather than two. One is shipped on the handgun and three extra are in the case. The backstraps are two different thicknesses and two different patterns (a cross-hatch pattern similar to the sides of the grip, and horizontal lines similar to the front of the grip).